MEGA MEGA POST POST - Knickerbockers, Bone Thugs, Blestenation, Buildings & Darth Vader says "POONTANG!?" on Broadway
Yoooooooo this goes over a few pages - any of you new to blogs, hit the Older Posts link at the bottom to go back to the future
It's tough to pick a highlight from the last week...but one has to be taking AC onto 42nd St Manhattan for the first time and as she's telling me a story, spotting Andre 3000 from Outkast just lampin' on the corner of 42nd & Broadway, waitin for a ride :) A good omen for the week...


Now, Ace has a day by day record of events, down to how the eggs were prepared in any of the number of 24 hour diners we stumbled into at 2am...but heres a photo and wobbly video library of shenanigans...
First day we went into Williamsburg for a mooch around and lunch at the Red Bowl Thai, Im almost a regular it's goooood. The next day we hit Manhattan ,
we're both appreciative of impressive architecture (twirls moustache) and we spent a lot of time just walkin around checkin em out, as you do...about half these pics are these self portaits or just tall buildings, enjoy suckers heheh
Met at Rockefeller Plaza
Next up, Times Square...M&Ms Store, Hersheys Store...



AC had been given strict instructions by her office at Kimberley Clark to forget all about work, Andrex puppies, Kleenex Mensize etc...every subway was plastered with ads by her company and this dogbus asswipemobile was outside Toys R Us
The Toys R Us in Times Sq has a ferris wheel inside....and I'm with AC, do the mathSssssss




It was raining pretty much all day but we strolled about anyhoes and ended up in a little cafe in Chelsea called Champignon


That night we hit the Broadway Comedy Club for some excellent stand up and an $80 drinks bill :P we find an Irish pub somewhere down from Madison Square Garden and a couple of beers and shots later stumble into the Tick Tock 24hr diner...love this place...2am and we're tuckin into corn beef hash with eggs over easy and a proper eggs benedict with salmon
The next day we hit Wall St, Staten Island Ferry, Greenwich Village for sushi








This sushi restaurant is the rather bently named Hey La Men! but it was hella good and very reasoable, just up from Union Square somewhere
The weather got a helluva lot better over the next few days, so we took advantage (especially as the weekend was already reserved for a massive knees up) and took in more masseeve buildings and Central Park...we got in a tuk-tuk and our friendly Nigerian guide gave us a movie-themed tour of the park including the rocks Borat's manservant washes his clothes on and the towers from Ghostbusters
This hexagonal beaut is the Hearst Building, Al Pacino has a penthouse there. I think the next one is the Trump Hotel on the corner of Central Pk :P


That fountain is the centre of Manhattan I believe


Zoooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!


and Strawberry Fields, a teardrop shaped memorial to John Lennon in front of Yoko Ono's gaff, where he was shot...
The view from the Time Warner building
The next day we mooched around the East Village...Friday night we caught a movie (Doomsday...wait until it comes out on DVD, it's...it has it's moments lets say that). Around 11pm we join the line for the Empire State Building :) like proper tourists heheh


not a bad view :)
Here is my new homey - Pig The Rat - taking in the vista...a gift from the marvelous Blue....Blue, Thor and all in Asgard bless you for this bounty


Saturday was the start of carnage heheh...after a further mooch around the Lower East Side, we went to my boy Ant's babyshower, waaaay out in Euclid, Brooklyn. On the way meeting up with Rankz's cousin Sue and her boyfriend Jimmy aka M.U. Izm, junglist and hiphop producer from Conneticut via Queens, both are real anglophiles and a lot of fun


Ant and Boobie opening their gifts...
The party was in the basement of Ant's building, with gallons of vodka and rum, a bin full of iced beers and BIIIIG foil trays of barbecued chicken, pork, ribs, mac n cheese, lasagne, salad....MmmmmmmmMmmmmmm goooood.
The party was hilarious - wicked DJ who apparently played at the superbowl, runnin thru popular 'rap' to dancehall to RnB...much drunkeness and comedy dancing ensues
Me and MU Izm The Abraxis

What can I say about Sunday :))))))))))))) We made it to the Broadhurst Theatre at 3.05 for the 3pm matinee, a little worse for wear, of ....


With an all black cast that includes Terrence Howard (of Hustle & Flow fame), Phlyicia Rashad (Mrs Huxtable in the Cosby Show), Giancarlo Esposito (very underrated actor you would recognise if you saw), Lou Myers (the canteen manager from Different World) and last but not least James Earl Jones (Darth Vader) as Big Daddy - "Was yuh gittin' some o'that good POONTANG Brick?!" - FUNNY AS HELL.
I went to Tennessee Williams' house in Mississippi when I was 18 or so and this brought that whole trip and era back...wicked stuff
After droppin AC's stuff at her hostel in Astor Place, we headed back to Broadway for a show I hadnt told her about...

Now, its not like they were ever my favourite group, but I had their first couple of albums when they dropped and there's no denyin they created their own lane and are talented dudes...I knew it would be entertaining whatever but this was smashtabulously good fun :)

The support was Blestenation - coupla white boys, one with a mohawk and cross eyes...they had some shit for definite but I dont think it was the right show for them to be supportin and it came off as a little corny. At a festival or sthn they would be ideal but this came off like Shootyz Groov supportin DJ Quik...both great acts but chalk n cheese
I seem to have deleted my video of Crossroads which is a shame...but then when you consider I sang all the way through that and then you hear my singin on 1st of tha Month...consider yourself lucky
I dedicate this one to Pablo Escobone back in Do or Die Stoke New-I and to all absent friends...
Hows that for culture? Tennesse Williams and Cleveland Ohio's finest in an afternoon!
The next day we took it easy...recovering...we went around the Central Park again, had a drink at beautiful spot by one of the little lakes... before heading up to Madison Square Garden :))))))))))))))


I know I look a lil constipated in this picture :P


The have these mad black and red squirrels in the park, I dont think I've ever seen these before



New York Knickerbockers V The New Jersey Nets at MSG! The Knicks have sucked all season and president Isiah Thomas is on his last legs. But I had high hopes for this derby game....'Carter helps Nets move closer to playoff spot with 106-91 victory over Knicks' http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2008032418&prov=ap
doh


outside MSG and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cheerleaders
The game was entertaining anyway, its always like theatre and funny shit just happens constantly like the danceoff between the the fat jewish chap and the even fatter big mama which she blitzed by going diva on his ass, well worth £35...we got through a few hotdogs and beers in the stands :)


bent

and so ends the week of when AC met NYC - was wicked to have you out here Spalien!!! xxxxxxxxxx See you in Brighton...unless you move here first :)
It's tough to pick a highlight from the last week...but one has to be taking AC onto 42nd St Manhattan for the first time and as she's telling me a story, spotting Andre 3000 from Outkast just lampin' on the corner of 42nd & Broadway, waitin for a ride :) A good omen for the week...
Now, Ace has a day by day record of events, down to how the eggs were prepared in any of the number of 24 hour diners we stumbled into at 2am...but heres a photo and wobbly video library of shenanigans...
First day we went into Williamsburg for a mooch around and lunch at the Red Bowl Thai, Im almost a regular it's goooood. The next day we hit Manhattan ,
Next up, Times Square...M&Ms Store, Hersheys Store...
AC had been given strict instructions by her office at Kimberley Clark to forget all about work, Andrex puppies, Kleenex Mensize etc...every subway was plastered with ads by her company and this dogbus asswipemobile was outside Toys R Us
It was raining pretty much all day but we strolled about anyhoes and ended up in a little cafe in Chelsea called Champignon
That night we hit the Broadway Comedy Club for some excellent stand up and an $80 drinks bill :P we find an Irish pub somewhere down from Madison Square Garden and a couple of beers and shots later stumble into the Tick Tock 24hr diner...love this place...2am and we're tuckin into corn beef hash with eggs over easy and a proper eggs benedict with salmon
The next day we hit Wall St, Staten Island Ferry, Greenwich Village for sushi
This sushi restaurant is the rather bently named Hey La Men! but it was hella good and very reasoable, just up from Union Square somewhere
The weather got a helluva lot better over the next few days, so we took advantage (especially as the weekend was already reserved for a massive knees up) and took in more masseeve buildings and Central Park...we got in a tuk-tuk and our friendly Nigerian guide gave us a movie-themed tour of the park including the rocks Borat's manservant washes his clothes on and the towers from Ghostbusters
This hexagonal beaut is the Hearst Building, Al Pacino has a penthouse there. I think the next one is the Trump Hotel on the corner of Central Pk :P
That fountain is the centre of Manhattan I believe
Zoooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!
and Strawberry Fields, a teardrop shaped memorial to John Lennon in front of Yoko Ono's gaff, where he was shot...
The view from the Time Warner building
The next day we mooched around the East Village...Friday night we caught a movie (Doomsday...wait until it comes out on DVD, it's...it has it's moments lets say that). Around 11pm we join the line for the Empire State Building :) like proper tourists heheh
not a bad view :)
Here is my new homey - Pig The Rat - taking in the vista...a gift from the marvelous Blue....Blue, Thor and all in Asgard bless you for this bounty
Saturday was the start of carnage heheh...after a further mooch around the Lower East Side, we went to my boy Ant's babyshower, waaaay out in Euclid, Brooklyn. On the way meeting up with Rankz's cousin Sue and her boyfriend Jimmy aka M.U. Izm, junglist and hiphop producer from Conneticut via Queens, both are real anglophiles and a lot of fun
The party was in the basement of Ant's building, with gallons of vodka and rum, a bin full of iced beers and BIIIIG foil trays of barbecued chicken, pork, ribs, mac n cheese, lasagne, salad....MmmmmmmmMmmmmmm goooood.
The party was hilarious - wicked DJ who apparently played at the superbowl, runnin thru popular 'rap' to dancehall to RnB...much drunkeness and comedy dancing ensues
Me and MU Izm The Abraxis
What can I say about Sunday :))))))))))))) We made it to the Broadhurst Theatre at 3.05 for the 3pm matinee, a little worse for wear, of ....

With an all black cast that includes Terrence Howard (of Hustle & Flow fame), Phlyicia Rashad (Mrs Huxtable in the Cosby Show), Giancarlo Esposito (very underrated actor you would recognise if you saw), Lou Myers (the canteen manager from Different World) and last but not least James Earl Jones (Darth Vader) as Big Daddy - "Was yuh gittin' some o'that good POONTANG Brick?!" - FUNNY AS HELL.
I went to Tennessee Williams' house in Mississippi when I was 18 or so and this brought that whole trip and era back...wicked stuff
After droppin AC's stuff at her hostel in Astor Place, we headed back to Broadway for a show I hadnt told her about...
Now, its not like they were ever my favourite group, but I had their first couple of albums when they dropped and there's no denyin they created their own lane and are talented dudes...I knew it would be entertaining whatever but this was smashtabulously good fun :)
The support was Blestenation - coupla white boys, one with a mohawk and cross eyes...they had some shit for definite but I dont think it was the right show for them to be supportin and it came off as a little corny. At a festival or sthn they would be ideal but this came off like Shootyz Groov supportin DJ Quik...both great acts but chalk n cheese
I seem to have deleted my video of Crossroads which is a shame...but then when you consider I sang all the way through that and then you hear my singin on 1st of tha Month...consider yourself lucky
I dedicate this one to Pablo Escobone back in Do or Die Stoke New-I and to all absent friends...
Hows that for culture? Tennesse Williams and Cleveland Ohio's finest in an afternoon!
The next day we took it easy...recovering...we went around the Central Park again, had a drink at beautiful spot by one of the little lakes... before heading up to Madison Square Garden :))))))))))))))
I know I look a lil constipated in this picture :P
The have these mad black and red squirrels in the park, I dont think I've ever seen these before


New York Knickerbockers V The New Jersey Nets at MSG! The Knicks have sucked all season and president Isiah Thomas is on his last legs. But I had high hopes for this derby game....'
Carter helps Nets move closer to playoff spot with 106-91 victory over Knicks' http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2008032418&prov=ap
dohoutside MSG and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cheerleaders
The game was entertaining anyway, its always like theatre and funny shit just happens constantly like the danceoff between the the fat jewish chap and the even fatter big mama which she blitzed by going diva on his ass, well worth £35...we got through a few hotdogs and beers in the stands :)
bent
and so ends the week of when AC met NYC - was wicked to have you out here Spalien!!! xxxxxxxxxx See you in Brighton...unless you move here first :)